Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pork Roast

One of my favorite dishes that my mom made was her pork roast. She would make it in a cast iron pan in the BBQ, with veggies all around it.... it was soooo good. I am NOT a BBQ'r... kinda frightened of the thing to tell you the truth.... but Dean is a BBQ master so... I dug out my mom's recipe and we tried it. It was gooood!


Weigh your pork roast and calculate 45 minutes per pound. The method is the same for BBQ and oven so you have your pick as to how you wanna cook it.

Preheat to 325 F
Score the top of the roast and brush with butter
Sprinkle, salt, pepper and paprika on top.

Place roast in Oven (bbq)

Boil potatoes, onions and carrots 15 minutes
During the LAST 45 minutes of time left to cook the roast place the potatoes around the roast.
10 minutes later add the carrots and onions and turn the potatoes.

Take the roast out and let it sit for 10 minutes after it's cooked.
Turn the heat up to 425 F, add some butter to the veggies, stir them around and cook the 10 minutes that the roast is sitting.
Voila!
Recipe from Linda Beaton ( My Mommy )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selena -- your Mom's pork recipe is the same as my Mom's , Sunday night roast beef, potatoes & vegetables ---love the stories that goes with the recipes !!!